blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Monday, June 28, 2010

SOPEL & STANLEY


We reported earlier that Brent Sopel, a Chicago Blackhawk defenseman,  was carrying the Stanley Cup through Chicago for Gay Pride in honor of Brendon Burke.







Quipped Brent to Outsports:

I had a great time, way better than I expected. It was more (fun) than I expected; it was a blast. Everyone was fun, everyone was dancing. But, at the end of the day, I hope it raised some awareness. I wasn’t here to advocate (anything), but if coming here helps break down walls in the meantime, so be it. I was here for Brendan. I hope he is smiling (from heaven). He was a very unique individual. For him to come out, and then die a few months later …when you’re a parent and you have to bury a kid, it’s just heartbreaking.”


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin