blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Monday, May 9, 2011

U.S. OLYMPIC BRASS QUITS



Peter Vidmar handed in his resignation this past Friday. Vidmar is the head of the U.S. Olympic Team.

The Chicago Tribune enlightned everyone that Vidmar contributed to the campaign to pass California's Proposition 8, the ballot initiative that rescinded marriage rights to same-sex couples.

Vidmar is a Mormon. Well, that explains it in a nutshell.

Johnny Weir said some things about Vidmar last week:"The fact this man who is very publicly against something that may be represented on the American team is disgraceful.”

Vidmar offers this press quote with his resignation:

I have dedicated my life to the Olympic movement and the ideals of excellence, friendship and respect. I wish that my personal religious beliefs would not have become a distraction from the amazing things that are happening in the Olympic movement in the United States. I simply cannot have my presence become a detriment to the U.S. Olympic family. I hope that by stepping aside, the athletes and their stories will rightly take center stage."

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin