blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Thursday, October 14, 2010

MADGE MEMO



'THEY HAVE NOTHING ON THE HOUSE OF EXTRAVAGANZA'




This letter by Madonna to lenser Steven Meisel is making the internet rounds today.  

The singer wrote this during her time filming A League of Their Own.

Madgey collaborated later with Steven on the Sex book.



Transcript below:



Dear Steven

For some reason I thought you were angry with me - because I finked out as a judge at the "Love Ball"? Because I'm still nice to Herb Ritts?? Because my hair is the wrong color? I hope you will forgive me for all of the above. Because I cannot suffer any more than I have in the past month learning how to play baseball with a bunch of girls (yuk) in Chicago (double yuk) I have a tan, I am dirty all day and I hardly ever wear make-up. Penny Marshall is Lavern - Geena Davis is a Barbie doll and when God decided where the beautiful men were going to live in the world, he did not choose Chicago. I have made a few friends but they are athletes, not actresses. I hate actresses, they have nothing on the house of extravaganza. I wish I could come to N.Y and visit. Are you having a good Summer? Saw the piece in the N.Y Times Magazine. Great!! - I would love to do this book thing with you so lets talk soon.

THANKS ALOT STEVEN!!

Love Dita

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin