blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Saturday, July 23, 2011

IT'S MIKEY




HEY MIKEY, WE LIKEY:


What motivates Michael Phelps to train for the 2012 Olympics after winning a record eight gold medals in the 2008 Games? "I want to retire knowing I did everything I could."


USA Today profiles Olympian Michael Phelps and his sights for the 2012 games:


I want to retire knowing I did everything I could," Phelps says in an interview with USA TODAY. "If I can do that, nothing else matters."

"Being a part of history is something that is absolutely amazing, but for me it's all just about accomplishing my goals," Phelps says.

Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman, keep those goals to themselves. They usually involve target times rather than victories in specific races or medal totals. That allows Phelps to focus on incremental improvements and not get overwhelmed by the grandiosity of what is within his grasp.




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin