blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Sunday, July 26, 2009

BLOGGING IS A COMMUNITY EVENT: NICK ADAMS SLIGHTED









Nick Adams & Co. were planning a fun night out when the bouncer at Turtle Bay refused our Broadway Babe entrance into the establishment.

Nick to his blog to describe what happened:

So this past week, at a friend's suggestion, I attempted to attend Turtle Bay on the east
side of Manhattan. It's a standard bar with cheap drink specials, so I thought I would check it out along with my boy friend and my
best friend.
As I approached the door, the bouncer looked me up and down, looked at my boyfriend then smirked and refused us entry to the bar. When asked why we couldn't go in he said it was because we were wearing white shirts and gave a laugh. We moved out of line, then watched a group of straight guys in white tshirts enter the bar. I was furious and decided not to cause a
scene but to Twitter and facebook about it instead.
Well... Thanks to my loyal fans and followers... Tons of people reposted and voiced their complaints to turtle bay. I received an email from the head of PR from the bar expressing their apologies for the "misconception." I understand she was doing her job and being polite, but she tried to spin it so Turtle Bay came out in a positive light.
Bottom line, I was discriminated against. I will not give my business to Turtle Bay and I urge you to do the same. This womans attempt to brush this aside as a misunderstanding is disingenuous at best if not hurtful and offensive to myself and the gay community of New York City.
If they are serious about remedying the situation, they would immediately remove the bouncer as an employee of the establishment.
Thank you to all my friends, fans and followers who
came together in support. They screwed with the wrong gay.


The PR person tried a letter of apology, but Nick is not falling for the empty SOUNDBITE!!




If you enjoyed this post, other posts and enjoy reading LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD--Please take a moment to make a donation to keep this blog alive!!! You can click the donate button at the top right of the page. We thank you!!




Read more of my blog by clicking the title or subject listings on the right.

Email friends of my postings with the EMAIL icon at the bottom of each post.

And as always, feel free to comment.










Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin