blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Thursday, September 30, 2010

SMALL VICTORY, BIG WAR


Glorious? Yes! But a small victory in the huge war that is homophobic hatred.

Joe Jervis writes the blog Joe.My.God.  A person wrote the comment "All faggots must die."  His fans and readers were internet sleuths and solved the location where the comment came from via IP address.  The hateful comment was traced to Senator Saxby Chambliss' office in Atlanta.  

It took some time and nationwide media attention, via Anderson Cooper's 360, but Jervis received an apology from Senator Chambliss himself via phone call.

Chambliss' office released this presser:


"The office of the Senate Sergeant at Arms has concluded its investigation, and I responded to that report immediately with the removal of a member of my staff. I commend the Sergeant at Arms, Terrance Gainer, and his staff for their very thorough and professional work.

"I have called Mr. Jervis, the blog’s author, and apologized to him personally, and I am sorry for the hurt this incident has caused. Regardless of one’s position on issues and policies, such comments are simply unacceptable, are not befitting those who work in the U.S. Senate, and I will not tolerate them from my staff."

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin