blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

FRANCO, MY DEAR, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN




Blame Vulture magazine for stirring up shit. Instead of letting us all forget about the horrid telecast that was the Oscars, the periodical inquires to perpetual Oscar writer Bruce Vilanch to opine on James Franco's Oscar performance.

The Vilanch tidbits:

On Franco being in an otherworldly mind set:

No, he wasn't high. I was with him, and he wasn't high. And I asked him, 'Are you high, and can I have some?' And he said no to both."

And....:


He has so many balls in the air, he didn't get to town till Thursday before the show on Sunday. And so we e-mailed a lot. But we had a lot of meetings. He had a bunch of people who were writing for him, and if it had been him alone, it would have been different. But it was him and Anne Hathaway, and they both had to be serviced. So there was a lot of communication beforehand. But he didn't get there...I don't think he realized how big a deal it is to do it until he was actually confronted with it. I think he thought he would kind of ... I don't know what he thought. I thought maybe it was a performance-art prank, and then I realized he sincerely wanted to do it. But it's outside of those guys' comfort zones. The only people who know how to host those shows are people who get up onstage every night and say, 'Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. A funny thing happened ... ' Or people like Bette [Midler] who get up and sing all night and tell stories."



And Jamie Cakes' response to all this??? The tweeted photo, above.

Which Franco decided to delete but the rest of the world has screen-capped saved!!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin