blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Monday, March 28, 2011

NEWS

**Whoopsi (yes, we do mean Whoopsi) stoned during her Oscar-winning speech? According to LA Times via TMZ, it is true. The gossip website has a video where the comedian touts: "Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are my habits," she says. "And I thought, 'I've got to relax,' so I smoked this wonderful joint that was the last of my home-grown."

**MTV scored with the ratings. The season finale of Jersey Shore brought in over 7+ million viewers to the "music" station. With that prime demographic that all advertisers want, 12-34. And we put music in quotes, when was the last time MTV played some? It is a "lifestyle" station.

**Matt Damon stars in that Liberace biopic with Michael Douglas. Damon has to kiss Douglas and here is how Damon justifies the kiss in his mind: "I never thought I would get to kiss Michael Douglas. I kind of think of it in algebra terms, back to my high-school days. It's like the transitive property – by kissing Michael Douglas, I am making out with Catherine. I was actually kind of upset that I never got to kiss Catherine, but now I get to kiss Michael. I thought it would have been better if I could have at least kissed them both. There's scripted that there's actually more than one."

**OutServe will publish its first magazine. This underground network comprises of over 2900 LGBT military personnel. The publication will act as a resource to the thousands that serve every day. An OutServe insider reveals: "Our first objective with the magazine is to let all the gay, lesbian, bi, and trans members currently serving know that they are not alone. And we also want to communicate to all troops that there are capable gay military members serving honorably, and that accepting that and moving on will make our military stronger. Our goal is to have our next version available in print, at some of the larger military bases. Visibility is key. We are not about highlighting our differences, but demonstrating how LGBT troops are proud soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coasties, and Marines just like everyone else....The magazine contains features about DADT repeal implementation and OutServe chapters, as well as other information of interest to currently-serving LGBT military members."

The first issue will be available online in PDF HERE




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin