blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

FLOOR SHOW



By now you've heard that the Atlanta bar, The Eagle, was raided by Atlanta police.  If not, you can catch up here.

The Southern Voice reports what some patrons endured during the raid  (the APD released copies of complaints that patron and employees of The Eagle filed as part of its Office of Professional Standards):


"One man said officers grabbed patrons who didn't immediately lie down by the neck and forced them to the ground. The man said he was kicked in the ribs while lying down. 'Then I heard laughing and giggling and saying this is more fun than raiding niggers with crack. They also told us to shut the fuck up unless we were spoken too [sic].' The man said he heard one person told that if he spoke again he would be hit by a chair. He also reported that one officer 'said to everyone in general that all you all do is flash your asses and show your cocks.'"

"Another patron described listening to officers chat about their cell phone plans as he lay on the ground. 'I was forced down by physical force. They grabbed my neck and pushed me down. They put their boot on my back and told me to stay down. … If anyone asked anything they were told to 'shut the fuck up.''"

"Another patron said he saw officers forcing people to the ground by officers pushing their shoulders or the backs of their heads. He said he asked to move because there was broken glass on the floor where he was lying, and he was told to 'shut the fuck up.' The customer recounted hearing anti-gay slurs: 'I heard several slurs such as 'I hate homosexuals.' I also heard 'I don't like fags.' One officer asked me if I was married and had any children, and he told me I should be ashamed for being there." The customer recounted having his diabetes medication, which was in an unmarked container, taken and not returned. He recounted hearing another customer told that if he didn't be quiet, an officer would hit him over the head with one of the barstools. 'There were several officers standing over me that started joking about this is a lot of fun, we ought to come back and do this every week.' The customer said he heard an officer say pictures of men on the walls made him sick, and make comments about people's appearance, including calling him 'big boy.' He also said officers were watching the football game on TV during the raid."


If you enjoyed this post, other posts and enjoy reading LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD--Please take a moment to make a donation to keep this blog alive!!! You can click the donate button at the top right of the page. We thank you!!




Read more of my blog by clicking the title or subject listings on the right.

Email friends of my postings with the EMAIL icon at the bottom of each post.

And as always, feel free to comment.










Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin