blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Thursday, April 21, 2011

THE SEINFELD CHRONICLES


RANTS FROM A 'DEMAGOGUE' BIRTHER:


Jerry Seinfeld canceled a benefit appearance for Eric Trump's Foundation benefitting St. Jude Children's Hospital. And The Donald went ballistic.

SIDES:

TEAM JERRY:


"Jerry... feels increasingly uncomfortable" with Trump's birther campaign. "Jerry... feels this kind of demagoguery has no place in public discourse... He has respectfully withdrawn from the event, and is making a contribution both to the Eric Trump Foundation and to [St. Jude]."

THE DONALD: sends a scathing letter


"I just learned you canceled a show for my son's charity because of the fact that I am being very aggressive with respect to President Obama, who is doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader."

"We don't care that you broke your commitment," he wrote, "even though the children of St. Jude are very disappointed, and despite the fact that your manager clearly stated you are 'truly a man of his word.'

"What I do feel badly about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref,' even though I thought it was absolutely terrible . . . Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you canceled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did."

"You should be ashamed of yourself!"



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin