blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Saturday, May 16, 2009

BLOGGING IS A COMMUNITY EVENT



As we posted before, RuPaul is casting for his second season of his LOGO show, RuPaul's Drag Race.

The well known drag queen Hedda Lettuce is tossing her WIG into the ring.

WE CAN"T WAIT for the new season to start; it should be an interesting second season if more high end drag queens like Hedda enter the race. 

On RuPaul's casting news site, Hedda penned a post   about entering the contest:


Posted on 08:02 AM on Thu, May 07 2009

HEDDA LETTUCE DECIDES TO ENTER RuPAUL'S DRAG RACE

Hello gentle Americans. Many people have asked me, “Hedda why have you decided to enter RuPaul’s Drag Race?” The answer is not a simple one but while considering it has allowed me to reflect on my illustrious career thus far.

I have been on stage with Madonna, played Kim Cattrall’s ex-boy friend/drag queen on Sex And The City, I have been a triumphant winner on The People’s Court, dazzled the cat walk on Project Runway and spoke about issues that challenge the gay community with wit and candor, green hair piled high, on the Tyra Banks Show.

Besides gracing the small screens I have performed in many solo shows that have included original songs and stand-up comedy written and performed by me. Some say I am a trailblazer, that I have performed in straight comedy clubs where most gay people dared not go, let alone a drag queen. I don’t consider myself a trailblazer, I was just to dumb and to determined not to let anyone tell me no. Now with RuPaul’s show being such a success it amazes me how accessible drag performers are today and how far we have come. Though I like to think that I also did my part, how ever small, to make this happen as well.

Yet even after all those accomplishments there is still something missing. I am not sure being a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race will be the missing puzzle piece but I suspect, at the very least, it will be another interesting chapter in my life.

Having been in this business for 15 years lately I have felt that perhaps maybe my time had come. That I have done everything I could in my field and have nothing left to offer. I was feeling rather sad for myself, which as we all know is not an attractive place for any girl to be. I watched the first season of Repeal’s Drag Race with caution; being the opinionated cow that I can be I had mixed things to say about it. What queen worth her wig would not? Jealousy was one of my main reasons for pooh-poohing the entire show and by the seasons end I mildly came around to the idea of it. When I heard that the second season was underway I thought to myself, “Why can’t I enter it? There are many things I could learn and perhaps it would give me the boost I need to keep going?” Most importantly the spirit of competition reminded me not to quit, to believe in myself no matter what the outcome. For Christ sakes I may not even get enough votes to even be considered but that’s not the point, the point is to try, to try for myself and hopefully not get stabbed in the back with a stiletto along the way.

In closing I decided to do the show because why the hell not? Life is short and you have to take it by the balls and squeeze! Enough of this sappy, introspective crap, I have to get into fighting mode. Get my war paint on, put an extra protective layer of Final Net hairspray on my green helmet and sharpen my claws because like another great diva once said, “Fasten your seatbelts, It’s going to be a very bumpy night.”

Stay fresh,


Hedda Lettuce





If you enjoyed this post, other posts and enjoy reading LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD--Please take a moment to make a donation to keep this blog alive!!! You can click the donate button at the top right of the page. We thank you!!




Read more of my blog by clicking the title or subject listings on the right.

Email friends of my postings with the EMAIL icon at the bottom of each post.

And as always, feel free to comment.










Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin