blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Thursday, August 28, 2008

SOUND BITE


OUT magazine ask Chris about his friendship with Janice Dickinson.

He retorts:

OUT: I heard you're friends with Janice Dickinson.
Christopher Ciccone: I am. I'm in the first episode of the new season of her reality show. Because she does a TV show, she disappears for 10 weeks and then there's a week cooling off period and then she does all this stuff. So the contact is kind of odd. The show is what it is -- it's all about her personality.

OUT: That's really her personality?
CC: Oh yeah. [Laughs] That's her personality. It's pumped up a little tiny bit for camera -- but that's what you get. And it’s great. It's exhausting. That week I spent with her took me another week to recover. But they've taken the models on The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency out of the agency and they've put them all together with Janice in a house.

OUT: Like The Real World.
CC: On steroids. So I came in before the models arrived and I re-did her bedroom, essentially. The concept of a reality show is so absurd. There's no such thing. It's completely produced. I had seen the room already. I had sort of designed it. When they're shooting the shot of her calling me on the phone I'm standing in the driveway 10 feet from her and I'm supposed to be two hours away. The producers are always telling you, "Be yourself, but act like this." Or, "Talk about what you want to talk about, but can you make sure you mention this?" And you're supposed to pretend there aren't 20 people behind you. I kept thinking, Why are we doing this? They are there! Let’s acknowledge the fact that they’re here. There’s the camera, look at the camera, talk to the guy who’s behind the camera. And you’re not supposed to do any of that stuff. It was an interesting experience. It helped set up what I did the following week, which was shoot a pilot for my own reality show.


If you enjoyed this post, other posts and enjoy reading LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD--Please take a moment to make a donation to keep this blog alive!!! You can click the donate button at the top right of the page. We thank you!!




Read more of my blog by clicking the title or subject listings on the right.

Email friends of my postings with the EMAIL icon at the bottom of each post.

And as always, feel free to comment.










Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin