blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Monday, August 4, 2008

BEST FACE FORWARD





As I posted earlier this morning....

BECKS is on the cover of Men's Health!!!

Here are some juicy morsels of the article---

ENJOY!!!!!!!!


On when he feels he most relaxed: “There is this madness around me, around my family. Without a doubt, out on the field is where I’m most comfortable, where I’m happiest, because I know what I’m doing, and I know I can do it.”

On being a great role model: “To be someone kids look up to is a great honor. What matters is how you carry yourself, off and on the field.”
“People always say to me, ‘Why would you place yourself in a position where you have to put pressure on yourself?’ But it’s what gives me energy.”

On continuing to popularize soccer in America: “I never do anything where I don’t believe in what I’m doing. I see that something could happen in U.S. soccer. That change isn’t going to happen in a year or two. It’s more of a 5-, 10-, or even 15-year plan. I believe in it, and I believe that in years to come, this could be one of the biggest sports here in America.”

On spending time with his boys: “People always ask me, ‘Do you play golf?’ Because a majority of sportsmen do. I used to play, quite a few years ago, but to be honest, I’d rather spend 4 hours with the kids than 4 hours on a golf course. As much as it can be relaxing, it’s a frustrating sport. My way of relaxing is listening to music and spending time with the kids.”

On always having to win: “I’m a really bad loser. It stays with me for a while. I always take it quite personally when we don’t win as a team or I don’t win in everything else I do.”

On his fashion style: “I know what I’m doing.”

On crediting his father for helping him harness his focus: “Even if I had a great game he’s always say, ‘You played well, but these were the mistakes you made.’ If I had a bad game, I’d hear all about that. When I was playing for Manchester United, playing something like 200 games and winning European Cup finals, he still wouldn’t let me get away with saying, ‘I’ve made it.’ So that’s one thing I have never done and never will do.”



If you enjoyed this post, other posts and enjoy reading LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD--Please take a moment to make a donation to keep this blog alive!!! You can click the donate button at the top right of the page. We thank you!!




Read more of my blog by clicking the title or subject listings on the right.

Email friends of my postings with the EMAIL icon at the bottom of each post.

And as always, feel free to comment.










Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin