blog advertising is good for you

DONATE TO LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $5, $10, EVEN $20....

Sunday, August 10, 2008

AN OP/ED: THE SKY IS FALLING---NOT





So far, the world seems to be turning and people are continuing with their lives. No signs of catastrophic doom.

I don't see the sky falling, hell freezing over or the world coming to an end because GAYS AND LESBIANS GOT MARRIED IN CALIFORNIA!!! Which, those psycho conservatives were swearing up and down would happen.

Fine gay and lesbian folks have been getting married in Massachusetts for some time NOW and no lightning from the heavens has struck the earth nor man.

It's just the conservative movement wanting to control every last thing. (Their precious) God forbid, if any groups they feel are subpar receive special rights or progression. WHITE STRAIGHT MEN WITH MONEY TRYING TO CONTROL AND TELL YOU: WHO AND WHAT SEX YOU SHOULD MARRY!!




While I was growing up, I had to endure straights on film, on tv, in my daily life flaunting their lifestyle at me while I was trying to grasp my world as a gay pre-teen. Anita Bryant spewing her venomous hatred on television in each city THE CUNT made a stop. Yet, the bitch represented Florida orange juice. Guess what I figured out early in life? Don't BUY/DRINK the products these hate mongers were selling. Also, I realized very early from all that vitriol, the sow was a fucking idiot, close-minded and bigoted-- along with the other homophobes that followed.

I constantly asked myself at a young age: where do I fit in this world of straights? After some harsh realization, I surmised, I didn't. Also, I determined ALL ON MY OWN that I had to create my own world. I knew it would be lonely. I had to hang in there until college. I just knew there had to be gay guys just like me. People I could be friends with and have a normal social circle. And, yes there were-- much to my delight-- many, many guys. College guys. Gay college guys. Hot gay college guys. And, in VAST numbers!!!

Reflecting back on it now, those hard days of the seventies and early eighties, I was a (an early) Brian Kenney: "There's only two kinds of straight people in this world; the ones that hate you to your face and the ones that hate you behind your back....."


All the stupid family weddings that I had to endure. I constantly asked myself: where do I fit in this picture? I don't even like straights nor do I want to be ANYTHING like them.

And, I certainly don't find ANYTHING appealing about SNATCH. Especially, if they are in a bridal gown (BARF!) smiling that hideous toothy grin while rudely sticking a hand in my face showing me some tacky ass ring that I don't give a fuck about. This was before I knew the word CUNT. If only I had known that glorious four-letter word back then. I would have loaded my verbally vulgar revolver, aimed and fired away. I would have hissed, "CUNT--get your hand out of my face. Hey cunt, I find your GROOM HOT."

Mind you, I was a mere TWEEN. I remember looking around the room and finding some of the grooms and his friends HOT!! Their looks are causing me to feel something I don't understand yet. I want somebody like HIM!! Another man-- who is way HOT-- to spend the rest of my life with. At those gross breeder affairs, I always felt the odd one out.

Which bring us back to today: June 17th, 2008, Hollywood, California:

But now I understand, I was/am not alone. There were lots of little boys that felt/feel alienated thinking they were the only gay ones. We are everywhere. We move to big cities when we are older, like NYC, Boston, San Francisco or Hollywood. We find others like us. Build a community or gay ghettos, some like to refer. We seek out guys that get us all HOT and BOTHERED. First, we may sleep with each other or date, in no particular order. Then ONE DAY, it hits us like a rock, I am in LOVE with this guy. Well, NOW I have the option to MARRY him too. Then comes the most important question: Is this the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with???

Even though I am still single, I will RELISH the day I bring my HOT HUSBAND to a family gathering. With him tightly by my SIDE, I will go to every fucking SNATCH that vulgarly shoved their hand in my face when I was little and do the same GODDAMN thing to them. Except, my ring will be SO WAY FUCKING BIGGER AND BETTER--how could my HOT HUSBAND go wrong with Van, Cleef & Arpels, Bulgari, Harry Winston, or VBH? Now, said SNATCH is left feeling like the odd one out.







Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos













If you enjoyed this post, other posts and enjoy reading LA*SURFPUNK HOLLYWOOD--Please take a moment to make a donation to keep this blog alive!!! You can click the donate button at the top right of the page. We thank you!!




Read more of my blog by clicking the title or subject listings on the right.

Email friends of my postings with the EMAIL icon at the bottom of each post.

And as always, feel free to comment.










Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin